12 Benefits of Becoming a Student
- Piano, Voice, Keyboard, Accordion, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Violin, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, ...in one location
This saves our students time and money, as one family can take multiple instrument lessons on the same day at the same time. Other studios offer multiple instrument lessons, but we are the only one to offer lessons on all 13 of the most popular instruments: piano, voice, keyboard, accordion, guitar, bass guitar, violin, saxophone, flute, clarinet, trumpet and also music theory, history, harmony, and ear training.
- The Music Stand has the largest and most qualified teaching faculty in Hamilton
We have 21 music teachers, all with a University Degree, College Diploma, or extensive professional performing experience. Our music teachers are dedicated to learning about your personal musical goals and helping you to achieve them. With multiple teachers for many instruments, we are confident that we have the right teacher to meet your needs. With over 40 years of teaching experience, the founder and owner of The Music Stand, Kaz Chrapka, supervises all teachers at his music school.
- The widest range of music lesson times available – 6 days a week!
11:00am – 9:00pm Monday – Friday
10:00am – 5:00pm Saturdays
- A proven track record of excellence
Every year, aspiring music teachers start their own studio, and after a few years it closes. The Music Stand has two locations and has been in operation for 23 years. The Music Stand has a proven track record of offering quality music lessons. Some of our graduates attend College or University to pursue their passion for music. Some College and University graduates even come back to become our teachers. Others are successfully playing and performing in local bands.
- A comfortable waiting room for parents
Instead of waiting in a music retail store showroom, our students and parents enjoy a spacious waiting room with comfortable chairs and magazines.
- Fully-stocked lesson rooms
All our teaching rooms have windows, and are stocked with everything you need for lessons, including: piano, keyboard, amps, stereos, and more. All you need to bring is your instrument (not applicable for piano, keyboard and organ).
- Free all-inclusive recitals
Every June and December, our students have the option of performing in our recitals. Students are not required to perform, but many choose to. Parents never have to pay admission or any related fees for these recitals.
- Professional office staff, 6 days a week, 10 hours a day
Many music studio desks are staffed by the teacher/owner or more commonly an answering machine. We have 3 alternating secretaries who are available at the front desk to assist our clients at our main location.
- Located on 14 Hester Street in Hamilton (at Upper James) and 180 Hwy. 8 (at Grays Rd) in Stoney Creek
Due to their central locations, our schools are convenient to all areas of Hamilton, Ancaster and Stoney Creek
- Month to month private lessons
The Music Stand does not require semester minimums for music lessons. Every student here is on a month to month basis.
- The Music Stand is both a music school and a music store
You don’t have to go far to find books or instruments. Everything you need can be found in one place. We also offer a rental program, and many other instrument maintenance services.
- The Music Stand is a year round music school.
We offer a special summer program.